Information on the Admission of International Students and Non-Citizens to Study
- Admission of foreign citizens and stateless persons to SHEI “Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University” is carried out according to:
- the law of Ukraine “On the Higher Education”;
- the law of Ukraine “On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons”;
- the law of Ukraine “On Foreign Ukrainians”;
- the law of Ukraine “On Refugees and Persons in Need of Complementary or Temporary Protection
- Decree of the President of Ukraine of June 3, 1994 No.271 “On Measures for the Development of the Economic Cooperation of the Ukrainian Regions with the Border Regions of Republic of Belarus and Administrative-Territorial Units of Republic of Moldova”;
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of February 26, 1993 No.136 “On Education of Foreign Citizens in Ukraine”;
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 11, 2013 No.684 “Some Issues of Admission of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons to Education”;
- Decree of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of November 1, 2013 No.1541 “Some Issues of the Organization of Admission and Training (Internship) of Foreigners and Stateless Persons” registered at the Ministry of Law of Ukraine on November 25, 2013 No.2004/24536.
- Foreign citizens and stateless persons can receive higher education at the expense of natural and/or legal persons, unless otherwise stipulated by the international agreements of Ukraine, approved to be binding by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, legislation or agreements on international academic mobility between higher educational institutions.
- Foreign citizens who come to Ukraine can be admitted to IFNMU at the following accredited specialties: 221 Dentistry, 222 Medicine, 226 Pharmacy, industrial pharmacy (full-time).
Admission of foreign students to study at the expense of natural and legal persons is carried out by IFNMU:
- no later than November 1 to obtain a Master's Degree;
- during the year for Postgraduate Studies and Doctoral Studies (see. Annex №7).
The IFNMU calculates scores / grades of the applicant on the basis of the document on the previously acquired educational level and determines the minimally accepted entry score / grade for the general subjects which constitute the entrance examination.
Admission of foreign citizens to study at the appropriate level of higher education is carried out by taking into consideration:
- the results of entrance examinations in specified subjects and the language of instruction;
- academic rights to continue education, provided by the document on the acquired level of education issued in the country they come from;
- the performance scores / grades giving the right to continue education at the next level of higher education in accordance with the legislation of the country that issued the document on the obtained degree (level) of education.
- All the foreign citizens and stateless persons, who enter the University, are admitted to the IFNMU under of the orders for enrolment, verified at the EDEBO (Unified State Electronic Database on Education).
- Selection Commission makes recommendations on issuing the invitation for study to a foreigner basing on the following documents (paper or electronic) submitted to the IFNMU:
- a copy of the International Passport of a foreigner (translated into Ukrainian);
- a copy of the document on the acquired education with the grades (marks/points) gained in educational courses or an academic certificate;
- written consent to personal data collection and processing.
The documents from the points 1 and 2 must be translated into the Ukrainian language.
To enter the IFNMU a foreigner shall personally fill in and submit the following paper documents:
- application of the due form;
- questionnaire of due form (filled in Ukrainian, Russian or English);
- invitation for study of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (the original and two copies);
- document (original and two copies) on the previously acquired educational (education-and-qualification) level;
- appendix of document (original and two copies) on the previously acquired educational (education-and-qualification) level;
- academic certificate issued by a foreign/Ukrainian institution (in case of transfer or renewal for education, starting from the second year the academic transcript must be added);
- original and a copy of the document containing information about the curriculum of the previous degree (level) of higher education, grades (marks/points), credits gained in educational courses, and general performance and duration of study – while entering postgraduate department;
- valid International Passport with a visa for entering Ukraine to study:
- the original;
- a copy of the passport information page;
- a copy of the page with the Ukrainian visa.
- health and liability insurance of foreign citizens (the original and a copy of the information page);
- 10 photos in size 35х45 mm;
- Digital photo on CD.
Documents 4)-8) must be translated into Ukrainian with the notarization of translation.
Documents 4)-7) must be certified in the country for their issuance in a way that is officially applicable in this country to such a certification, and legalized by a respective foreign institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine.
The terms of the submission of applications and documents of foreign citizens entering 1st year: beginning – August 27, 2019; ending – October 30, 2019.
Validity of the invitation for study issued by the IFNMU cannot be longer than the deadline date for accepting applications and documents from the foreigners for the appropriate levels of education regardless of its issuance date and is determined by the Selection Commission to carry out the admission of foreigners to study according to the current legislation of the admission of foreign citizens in 2019.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons shall be admitted to the 1st year of study at the IFNMU at the expense of natural and/or legal persons basing on the examination results in Biology, Chemistry and Language of Study (Ukrainian or Russian, and English – depending on the instruction language chosen for study at the IFNMU), on the condition of the full paying of the tuition fee for the 1st year of study depending on the chosen specialty and instruction language, according to the concluded Agreement.
The entrance examination is conducted on the next day after the previous submission of the documents according to the list above and their registration in the Unified State Electronic Database on Education.
The terms of conducting the entrance examinations: August 28, 2019 - October 31, 2019.
Admission to the first year of the foreign citizens is conducted until November 1, 2019.
- Foreign citizens, who get state scholarships under international agreements, state programs, other international obligations of Ukraine, shall be admitted to the study within the established quota for foreigners on the basis of assignments of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Foreigners who come to Ukraine to participate in academic mobility programs or to obtain higher education under the educational programs concerted between Ukrainian and foreign higher educational institutions are accepted for study, taking into account relevant contractual obligations of the appropriate higher education institutions.
- Foreign Ukrainians who legally stay in Ukraine and whose status is certified by a foreign Ukrainian document when entering higher educational institutions of Ukraine, have the same rights for getting education as the citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international agreements, approved to be binding by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign Ukrainians whose status is certified by a foreign Ukrainian document can be admitted at the University under state orders within the established quotas for foreigners according to the results of an interview in subjects envisaged by the Admission Rules.
- Foreigners and stateless persons who live constantly in Ukraine, persons who are given the status of Refugees in Ukraine and persons in Need of Complementary or Temporary Protection and enter SHEI «IFNMU» according to the rules which are provided for Ukrainians, may take a part in competitive selection for the places of state order within the established quota set by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on the basis of a special competitive score, which is calculated as a ratio of competitive score, determined according to point 7 of the Admission rules, to the minimum competitive score for providing recommandations for the places of state order in the general competition for this competitive offer in the previous year (if such score is absent, it uses a similar indicator for other, at most related competitive offer within SHEI «IFNMU», in case of impossibility - another institution of higher education by the decision of the admission comission.)
According to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decree № 163, dated 31.03.15 from 08.04.2015 the rules of stay in Ukraine for foreigners, who have arrived for studies on visa change. Period of stay is determined by visa validity. We warn you, that the university will not be able to make registration for a student if there will be less than 15 days before visa expires.
State higher educational establishment Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University (IFNMU) provides educational service in accordance with the license issued by the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sport of Ukraine (series АE No. 527672, date of issue the 8th of December 2014, license is valid till the 1st of June 2019).
Admission of foreign citizens to study in IFNMU is realized according to the current Legislation of Ukraine, Decrees of the President of Ukraine and Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
The foreign citizens, who get state scholarships according to international agreements, national programs, other international obligations of Ukraine are enrolled on the basis of referrals of the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sport of Ukraine within the limits of the state order.
List of documents
for submission by foreigners and stateless persons
for admission to study at IFNMU:
To enter the educational institution a foreigner shall personally fill in and submit a paper application form to the Admission Commision.
Alongside the application the following documents shall be submitted as well:
1) Questionnaire of due form (filled in in Ukrainian, Russian or English);
2) Invitation to study of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine issued by the SHEI IFNMU (the original and two copies);
3) Document on the education and appendix, containing the grades (marks/points) gained in educational courses (the original and a notarized copy of each document);
4) academic certificate issued by a foreign/Ukrainian institution (in case of transfer or renewal for education, starting from the second year the academic transcript must be added);
5) Valid International Passport with a visa for entering Ukraine to study:
- the original;
- a copy of the passport information page with a notarized translation;
- a copy of the page with the Ukrainian visa;
6) health and liability insurance of foreign citizens, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine (the original and the copy of information page);
7) 10 photos in size 35х45 mm;
8) Digital photo on CD.
Note. Documents mentioned in paragraphs 3), 4), and 5) must be translated into Ukrainian with the notarization of translation.
Documents mentioned in paragraphs 3) and 4) of this paragraph must be certified in the country for their issuance in a way that is officially applicable in this country to such a certification, and legalized by a respective foreign institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine, and have a notarized translation into Ukrainian.
The study at the Preparatory Department starts from the 1st of September 2016. The enrollment of the students for the Preparatory Department will be conducted till the 23rd of December 2016.
To obtain consultation and technical assistance, more information regarding admission to our university, please, contact our representatives:
Companies, collaborating with Ivano- Frankivsk National Medical University