The European Medical Students' Association (EMSA) has been working in Ivano-Frankivsk for 13 years. The European Medical Students' Association (EMSA) is an organisation for medical students; it offers opportunities to their members and provides a voice for medical students across Europe, representing their interests to other European institutions and organizations.
EMSA was founded in Brussels in 1990. It integrates medical students in Europe through activities organized for and by medical students. EMSA's network and platform encourages medical students from various countries in geographical Europe to actively engage in matters related to health care, medical education, medical ethics, medical science, and general societal well-being, by acting as a conduit for increased interaction and sharing of knowledge between European medical students in these respective areas.
EMSA has 6 pillars:
- Public Health Pillar;
- Medical Ethics and Human Rights Pillar;
- European Integration and Culture Pillar;
- Health Policy Pillar;
- Medical Education Pillar;
- Medical Science Pillar.
The European Medical Students' Association has been implementing various projects for many years, one of them is Teddy Bear Hospital. Teddy Bear Hospital (TBH) is an project, whose aim is to reduce childhood anxiety about medical environments, procedures and professionals.
Medical students give online and offline lectures on various topics such as HIV / AIDS or cancer pathology.
“Foreign students joined us in 2014, and now we are organizing events in English together.” - said the head of the association, Mariia Martynets.
The Saving Planet Hospital project started last year. The aim of this project is to teach people how to sort garbage correctly and how to conserve Natural Resources.
Medical Education Pillar also give lectures. Recently, a lecture was held with plastic surgeon Edhard Kaminskyi.
Movies and Medicine is a project that helps you learn medical English.
Medical Charity Ball is an annual project, the aim of this project is to raise money for medical equipment.
EMSA IFNMU - EMSA MARMARA TWINNING PROJECT is a cross-cultural exchange project for medical students in Istanbul.
Representative of Ghana foreign students in Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
Bednarski Krzysztof Pawel
Representative of Poland foreign students in Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
tel: + 38(063)-587-20-42
Enuh Chukwuebuka Williams
Representative of Nigeria foreign students in Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
tel: + 38(073)-119-36-42
Shukla Akhil Kumar
Representative of India foreign students in Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
Representative of Maldives foreign students in Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
tel: + 38(073)-119-39-32
Representative of Morocco foreign students in Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
tel: + 38(073)-204-23-13
Linchev Damyan Angelov
Representative of Bulgaria foreign students in Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
tel: + 38098 521 59 87
Salman Mahmoud Harby Mahmoud
Representative of Egypt foreign students in Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
tel: + 38(073)-412-75-74
Abdul Nawaz Rayed
Representative of Pakistan foreign students in Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
tel: + 38(095)-572-70-68
There are many student organizations at Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, among them the Ukrainian Medical Student Association (UMSA).
Ukrainian medical students association is an independent, non-governmental and non-political organization. The Ukrainian Medical Students’ Association has local representatives from 16 medical schools across Ukraine including IFNMU. UMSA includes not only Ukrainian students, but also a great deal of international medical students from 116 foreign countries who are studying in Ukrainian universities.
The concept of association is actively cooperating with the International Federation of Medical Students Association. The spirit of the association is to protect the interests of medical students and to promote the effective implementation of future opportunities in today’s medical environment by providing cultural, environmental, recreational, amateur athletic, scientific and educational activities.
UMSA activities include assisting medical students in acquiring practical experience and theoretical medical knowledge in different countries, development of medical education, promotion of scientific and professional medical student exchanges, the organization of seminars, lectures, conferences, workshops and other activities.
The organization has 6 committees:
• SCOPH - health care;
• SCOME - medical education;
• SCOPA - reproductive health and HIV / AIDS;
• SCORP - human rights and peace;
• SCOPE, SCORE - professional and research exchange;
• own PR department.
UMSA-IF has already gained a reputation among students and teachers. The activists of the organization create many local and national projects. Among them:
• MEDme - a large-scale educational project that help to create medical protection in the city
• PsychoLab - trainings in the field of psychology and Mental health;
• Challenging diseases - projects dedicated to the day of combating various diseases and their prevention;
• Medical volunteer - trainings on the provision of pre-medical care in BLS format;
• HBV Prevention - dissemination of information on prevention and features of hepatitis B vaccination;
• Codon - the study of nosologies;
• Club 20/80 - helping the student through psychoanalysis to choose their ideal profession;
• My Medical English - courses for improving English language skills;
• SAFER - interactive lectures on reproductive health for schoolchildren;
• Art therapy - communication with cancer patients and children with autism and cerebral palsy;
• Sign language - learn the basics of sign language
HELP MOTHERLAND INTERNATIONAL (HMI) IS AN INTERNATIONAL NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION WHICH CAME OUT FROM HELP MOTHERLAND GHANA (NGO BASED IN GHANA-WEST AFRICA SINCE 2007).
*AIMS AND OBJECTIVES*
1. TO BUILD A GLOBAL NETWORK OF PEOPLE UNITED BY THEIR PASSION TO BE AN AGENT FOR POSITIVE CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT FOR THEIR MOTHERLAND.
2. TO INSTITUTE PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS THAT WOULD POSITIVELY INFLUENCE AN INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP TO PROMOTE POSITIVE PERSONAL AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT.
3. TO EQUIP OUR MEMBERS WITH ALL THE NEEDED INFORMATION AND SKILLS TO FURTHER CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS KEY GLOBAL AND NATIONAL ISSUES: HEALTH, EDUCATION, DEVELOPMENT, MENTORSHIP AND GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP.
4. TO CREATE AWARENESS AND EDUCATE THE PUBLIC ON EFFECTS OF HEALTHY LIFESTYLE AND PREVENTIVE HEALTH SERVICE.
BASED ON THE ABOVE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ORGANIZATION, THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS/PROJECTS ARE BEEN INSTITUTED IN IFNMU-UKRAINE TO COMPLEMENT THE EFFORT OF IFNMU INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN THEIR QUEST TO BOOST THEIR PRACTICAL SKILLS, AND OPPORTUNITY TO BE A MEMBER, FACILITATOR OR COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE FOR HIS/HER MOTHERLAND:
*THE INSTITUTED PROGRAM/PROJECTS:*
1. PRACTICAL SKILLS ACQUISITION SEMINAR/TRAINING
3. AUTHENTIC INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC MATERIALS ASSISTANCE
4. SUMMER VACATION TRIP (HANDS-ON CLINICAL) ASSISTANCE
5. ORGANIZATION OF TUTORIALS/CLASSES FOR CORE MEDICAL COURSES AND PREPARATION FOR STATE LICENSE EXAMINATION
6. EDUCATIVE ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMS
*OUR CORE VALUES:*
1. PASSION FOR MISSION
2. COMMITMENT TO LEARNING
*MOTTO: YOUR HOLISTIC WELLBEING, OUR CONCERN.*
*Founder/International Executive Director:*
Dr. Emmanuel Kwaku Nimoh, MD- Candidate
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
Ivano- Frankivsk, Ukraine
Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Students' Association is a new public organization representing the interests of pharmaceutical students in Ukraine. UPSA is working to develop the future of pharmacy. The Association invites You to join the team!
The members of the association will have the opportunity to study with the best specialists and representatives of well-known pharmaceutical companies.
For more details, please follow the link - official Facebook page