How to claim and receive the service
· Collect the required documents;
· Apply to the State Enterprise which comes within the jurisdiction of SMS, Center of Providing Administrative Services and territorial bodies/units of SMS at place of residence of foreigner or stateless person*;
· Submit an application together with the required documents;
· Receive a temporary residence permit.
* REMARK! State Enterprises which come within jurisdiction of SMS and Centers of Providing Administrative Services will accept documents on issuance of permanent residence permits after appropriate material-and-technical support will be provided.
As of June 01, 2018, issuance of permanent residence permits will be provided exclusively by territorial bodies/units of SMS.
Time limit for application review
The temporary residence permit is issued within 15 working days after the documents were submitted by the foreigner or stateless person.
Result of the service
Receipt of the temporary residence permit.
Validity period of a document resultant from the service
Temporary residence permit is issued for one year with the possibility of exchange, exept for the following:
Temporary residence permit for the foreigners and stateless person who arrived in Ukraine for the purpose of employment shall be issued for the duration of the term indicated in employment contract.
Temporary residence permit for foreigners and stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine for the purpose of implementing international technical assistance projects shall be issued for the duration of implementation of the relevant international technical assistance project.
The temporary residence permit for foreigners and stateless persons who are founders and / or participants, and/or beneficiary owners (controllers) of a legal entity registered in Ukraine shall be used for the period of two years.
Temporary residence permit for foreigners and stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine for the purpose of study shall be issued for the duration of study, which is indicated by the order of education establishment on establishment of the education period for foreigner students.
Service fees and benefits
¢ Government charge in the amount of 34 UAH (on the basis of para. 6 Article 3 of the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine «On Government Charges»);
¢ Administrative service fee in the amount of 884 UAH (according to the List of administrative services related to migration and their fees, approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of
Ministers of Ukraine of 2 November 2016 No. 770 regulating some issues of administrative service delivery in the area of migration).
¢ Exemption from government charge applies to:
¢ citizens referred to categories 1 and 2 of individuals affected by Chernobyl catastrophe;
¢ disabled veterans of the Great Patriotic War and families of servicemen (resistance fighters) killed in action or missing, and individuals equalized with these groups according to the established procedure;
¢ people with disabilities referred to groups I and II.
Grounds for denying the service
A decision to deny issuance of temporary residence permit to a foreigner or stateless person shall be adopted in the following cases:
· foreigner or stateless person has valid permit or temporary residence permit (except cases of permit exchange), refugee certificate or certificate of a person in need of complementary protection that are valid on the day of application;
· foreigner or stateless person stays on the territory of Ukraine with violation of established term of staying or there is established non-compliance with the decision of authorised authority on forced return, forced expulsion or ban for further entry to Ukraine;
· information obtained from the Register data bases and archives doesn’t confirm information provided by foreigner or stateless person;
· belonging to Ukrainian citizenship is established;
· appeal of legal representative for receiving of the temporary residence permit was made without appropriate documents confirming powers on receiving of permit;
· foreigner or stateless person submitted not complete package of documents or information necessary for the issuance of temporary residence permit or did it with violation of terms defined in paragraphs 17 and 18 of this Order;
· information on actions of foreigner or stateless person that threaten national security, public order, health, rights and lawful interests of Ukrainian citizens and other individuals residing in Ukraine, was received from National Police, SSU, other public authority;
· passport of a foreigner or ID document of stateless person is forged, damaged, does not conform to the established template or belongs to another person, or its validity has expired;
· foreigner or stateless person knowingly presents false information, forged documents or his/her immigration permit is cancelled;
· there is established non-compliance with the decision of court or public authority empowered to apply administrative penalty, or they have other property liability before the State, individuals or legal enteties, including those related to previous expulsion from Ukraine, also after expiration of the ban for further entry to Ukraine;
· in other cases, as stipulated by the law.